Friday, February 13, 2009

0.5

I am sitting here in the New York airport, using a computer that I bought from a little girl when her parents were away. She sold it to me straight-up for a banana milkshake and 500 stickers of Hanna Montana (which of course I had on me).

Okay, that last part (everything after the word computer ) may not be entirely accurate. I am actually using a computer that a very nice woman in our Uganda group let me use. I would like to write extensively about the service registration but I don't really feel that I have enough time here. Lets just say that I was the only one who started bleeding during registration.

It went quite well though, but I did find out that internet use will be very limited for the first three or four months of training so I don't know when I will really get to sit down and do some serious typing (I wonder if olden-day authors and writers will be offended if I called this typing, "writing"?) There are people of all ages and all educations in the group, and they all seem very nice and unique. I did find out though that I need to write on here that my views are not necessarily the views of the U.S. Peace Corps and that my writings (I decided that olden-day authors would not be offended if I used the word writing) do not reflect the views or thoughts of this agency. So boom-shaka-laka-laka.

I wanted to say though that I feel so strong and am so grateful to God for the courage and resolve that He has without a doubt given me. This doesn't mean that this has been easy by any means, just that I know I am not alone. I am so grateful for all the prayers and encouragement also. Without you guys I would definitely not be in the airport right now drinking a delicious sweet tea that I bought from McDonald's after I discovered that the vitamin water was a bit more than I desired to pay.

Well, I don't know when the next time I'll be able to post is, but it's on to Africa, so lock up your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment